Welcome to Year 5
NEW! Click HERE to hear a personal message from Mrs Roberts and Mrs Khan.
Click HERE for Teacher Stories
Our regular Zoom meetings will now be every Friday 2pm
Please take part in the Worcestershire Virtual School Games. It is a competition against all of the schools in Redditch! Click the image for a link to 'Design a School Games Flag Poster' and 'Worcestershire's Got Talent Showcase'
Dear Year 5
We have updated our Class Learning page and hope you continue to be motivated to achieve your best and embrace all challenges eagerly.
We hope you are all keeping safe and are being super helpful for your parents at home. As an extra challenge, why not try and spread some kindness around your home, by doing lots of helpful jobs around your home and reminding those around you how much you appreciate them.
Please continue to use the home learning White Rose maths link as your main maths learning. There are some additional power points that are added weekly at the bottom of the web page for additional practise should you require that.
Much love to you all from Mrs Khan and Mrs Roberts!! :-)
This section of our class page is is dedicated to home learning. In support of all those children who are currently staying at home, we shall be posting a weekly bank of learning activities. Below, we have provided links to familiar websites such as TT Rockstars and MyMaths, which can be accessed daily using the individual login details provided. Additionally, we will upload reading, writing and maths materials onto this page.
It is important to note that we have been realistic in terms of what we are expecting from the children during their time out of the classroom. Most of the content provided will be in line with our current curriculum planning, thus enabling a certain degree of continuity away from the classroom. We are mindful of the varied circumstances at present, so we have worked hard to balance what can be achieved at home without specific equipment and teaching expertise. Establishing a routine can help but we also know that being able to pick and choose activities is equally helpful. Below is plenty of maths and English work to keep the children's learning going.
School is closed for most pupils from the end of Friday 20th March. This page now has details of our HOME LEARNING work. We would like all children to make sure My Maths is up to date and to get on with TT Rockstars as much as possible. Do lots of reading.
We recognise that people will have different access to technology and different amount of adult support. Do what you can, when you can and try not to worry!
BELOW are weekly activities:
Please note: The worksheets for your daily maths lessons are attached in the folders below (in the weekly folder), along with answers to check your progress.
**NEW IMPORTANT NOTE: There has been some duplication of some of the White Rose Maths content. If you find that you have already completed the work, please find within our weekly folder an 'Alternative maths plan'.
Note 18.6.20 - Please complete the maths assessments at your own pace and continue to use White Rose, even if there is repetition because this is your revision for your assessments.
English: For our Learning at Home Pack scroll down the page. Click on 'Learning at Home Packs - click on Year 5 English. Here you will find weekly resources for English and daily lessons will be available for all pupils
NEW Art Topic - Guiseppe Archimboldo
Computing: Try carrying on from our lessons on coding with 'Scratch' - create your own interactive stories, games and animations: free programming
Rapid Reading: Please ensure that you are reading regularly and try to complete your weekly rapid reading activities by Friday of each week. This will allow us to re-allocate you a new book for the following week.
Grammar, Maths revision, Reading : CPG books
Don't forget to checkout School Games and Sports Matches page to find out your House Points score and lots of fun activities for you all to score some more.
Here are some useful websites:
We have a school subscription to Espresso which has huge amount of resources for all subjects:
(Username: student31672, Password: astwood)
Timestables practice: TTRockstars
Maths Homework: MyMaths
Maths activities and games: Top Marks
Research for Living things and their habitats: Homework Help
Maths games and activities: Maths Chase
REMEMBER: to work hard, have fun and stay safe!!!
Year 5 WK 15
- ONE PAGE PROFILE
- ONE PAGE PROFILE
- Lesson 1 - Regular and irregular polygons
- Lesson 1 Answers - Regular and irregular polygons
- Lesson 2 - Reasoning about 3D shapes
- Lesson 2 Answers - Reasoning about 3D shapes
- Lesson 3 - Reflection
- Lesson 3 Answers - Reflection
- Lesson 4 - Translation
- Lesson 4 Answers - Translation
- Year 5 French w.b 6.7
- Year 5 Spellings
Year 5 WK 14
- Year 5 French w.b 29.6
- Lesson 1 - Measuring with a protractor (2)
- Lesson 1 Answers - Measuring with a protractor (2)
- Lesson 2 - Drawing lines and angles accurately
- Lesson 2 Answers - Drawing lines and angles accurately
- Lesson 3 - Calculating angles on a straight line
- Lesson 3 Answers - Calculating angles on a straight line
- Lesson 4 - Calculating angles around a point
- Lesson 4 Answers - Calculating angles around a point
Year 5 WK 13
Year 5 WK 12
- 1. Year-5-Area-and-Perimeter
- 1. Year-5-Area-and-Perimeter-Answers
- 1a. Mini-Assessment-Block-3 Year 5 Statistics
- 1a. Mini-Assessment Block 3 Answers Year 5 Statistics
- 2.Year 5 - Arithmetic - Spring 2019
- 2. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Arithmetic.docx
- 2. Year 5 - Reasoning - Spring 2019
- 2. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Reasoning and Problem Solving
- 3. Y5-Arithmetic Test
- 4. Y5 Arithmetic Full Test 4
- 5. Year 5 - Assessment Arithmetic
- 5. Year 5 - Assessment Reasoning
- 5. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Arithmetic
- 5. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Reasoning and Problem Solving
- TUDOR CLOTHES
- TUDOR FOOD AND DRINK
- TUDOR HOUSES
- The Tudors instructions
- French - Paris fact sheet
- Year 5 French w.b 15.6
Year 5 WK 11
- Maths Lesson 1 - Decimals as fractions (2) 2019
- Maths Lesson 2 - Understand thousandths 2019
- Maths Lesson 3 - Rounding decimals 2019
- Maths Lesson 4 - Order and compare decimals 2019
- Maths 1 Answers - Decimals as fractions (2) 2019
- Maths 2 Answers - Understand thousandths 2019
- Maths 3 Answers - Rounding decimals 2019
- Maths 4 Answers - Order and compare decimals 2019
- Year 5 French w.b 8.6
- 1. Who Was Henry VIII Powerpoint
- 2. Henry V111 and his wives
- 3. Instructions
- 4. Activity 2
- 5. Who Was Henry VIII Conclusions
- Maths Week 7 Alternative Worksheets
- Maths Week 7 Alternative Answers
In year 5, pupils are expected to complete weekly homework. Homework will be set every Wednesday in Spelling Homework books and this is due in the following Monday please. In addition pupils are expected to change their reading book and read regularly at home.
PE is every Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child has labelled PE kit in school. In KS2 we prefer children to wear trainers rather than plimsolls as they give better support.