Welcome to Year 5 .
Click HERE for Teacher Stories
- Stationery - You will need a small pencil case with 2 pencils, 2 black handwriting pens, 2 whiteboard pens & a small ruler. This will need to stay in school.
- No bags to be brought in for the time being.
- Packed lunches only for the time being.
- Cosmic by Frank Cottrell-Boyce - this is the reading book I was showing you and if you'd like to start reading this, then that would be great as we will be basing many of our English lessons on this which links in with our first topic, Earth & Space.
- Please note new start & end times to UKS2 day - 08:40 start and 3;10 finish.
Thank you all for joining today and I hope you have a wonderful summer holiday! See you soon!
Maths: Place Value
English: Cosmic by Frank Cottrell-Boyce
Topic: Earth & Space
Computing: E Safety
Rapid Reading: Please ensure that you are reading regularly and try to complete your weekly rapid reading activities by Friday of each week. This will allow us to re-allocate you a new book for the following week.
Don't forget to checkout School Games and Sports Matches page to find out your House Points score and lots of fun activities for you all to score some more.
Here are some useful websites:
We have a school subscription to Espresso which has huge amount of resources for all subjects:
(Username: student31672, Password: astwood)
Timestables practice: TTRockstars
Maths Homework: MyMaths
Maths activities and games: Top Marks
Research for Living things and their habitats: Homework Help
Maths games and activities: Maths Chase
REMEMBER: to work hard, have fun and stay safe!!!
Year 5 WK 15
- ONE PAGE PROFILE
- ONE PAGE PROFILE
- Lesson 1 - Regular and irregular polygons
- Lesson 1 Answers - Regular and irregular polygons
- Lesson 2 - Reasoning about 3D shapes
- Lesson 2 Answers - Reasoning about 3D shapes
- Lesson 3 - Reflection
- Lesson 3 Answers - Reflection
- Lesson 4 - Translation
- Lesson 4 Answers - Translation
- Year 5 French w.b 6.7
- Year 5 Spellings
Year 5 WK 14
- Year 5 French w.b 29.6
- Lesson 1 - Measuring with a protractor (2)
- Lesson 1 Answers - Measuring with a protractor (2)
- Lesson 2 - Drawing lines and angles accurately
- Lesson 2 Answers - Drawing lines and angles accurately
- Lesson 3 - Calculating angles on a straight line
- Lesson 3 Answers - Calculating angles on a straight line
- Lesson 4 - Calculating angles around a point
- Lesson 4 Answers - Calculating angles around a point
Year 5 WK 13
Year 5 WK 12
- 1. Year-5-Area-and-Perimeter
- 1. Year-5-Area-and-Perimeter-Answers
- 1a. Mini-Assessment-Block-3 Year 5 Statistics
- 1a. Mini-Assessment Block 3 Answers Year 5 Statistics
- 2.Year 5 - Arithmetic - Spring 2019
- 2. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Arithmetic.docx
- 2. Year 5 - Reasoning - Spring 2019
- 2. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Reasoning and Problem Solving
- 3. Y5-Arithmetic Test
- 4. Y5 Arithmetic Full Test 4
- 5. Year 5 - Assessment Arithmetic
- 5. Year 5 - Assessment Reasoning
- 5. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Arithmetic
- 5. Year 5 - Mark Scheme- Reasoning and Problem Solving
- TUDOR CLOTHES
- TUDOR FOOD AND DRINK
- TUDOR HOUSES
- The Tudors instructions
- French - Paris fact sheet
- Year 5 French w.b 15.6
Year 5 WK 11
- Maths Lesson 1 - Decimals as fractions (2) 2019
- Maths Lesson 2 - Understand thousandths 2019
- Maths Lesson 3 - Rounding decimals 2019
- Maths Lesson 4 - Order and compare decimals 2019
- Maths 1 Answers - Decimals as fractions (2) 2019
- Maths 2 Answers - Understand thousandths 2019
- Maths 3 Answers - Rounding decimals 2019
- Maths 4 Answers - Order and compare decimals 2019
- Year 5 French w.b 8.6
- 1. Who Was Henry VIII Powerpoint
- 2. Henry V111 and his wives
- 3. Instructions
- 4. Activity 2
- 5. Who Was Henry VIII Conclusions
- Maths Week 7 Alternative Worksheets
- Maths Week 7 Alternative Answers
In year 5, pupils are expected to complete weekly homework. Homework will be set every Wednesday in Spelling Homework books and this is due in the following Monday please. In addition pupils are expected to change their reading book and read regularly at home.
PE is every Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child has labelled PE kit in school. In KS2 we prefer children to wear trainers rather than plimsolls as they give better support.