Welcome to Year 3
Listen to your teachers tell amazing stories - Click here
Choir have a look at the YV video on the choir page!
Year 3 Home Learning
This section of our class page is dedicated to Home Learning now that the school is closed, we shall be posting a weekly bank of learning activities. We will upload reading, writing and maths materials onto this page. Additionally, we have provided links to familiar websites that will support Home Learning.
It is important to note that we have been realistic in terms of what we are expecting from the children during their time out of the classroom. Most of the content provided will be in line with our current curriculum planning, thus enabling a certain degree of continuity away from the classroom. We are mindful of the varied circumstances at present, so we have worked hard to balance what can be achieved at home without specific equipment and teaching expertise.
We recognise that people will have different access to technology and different amount of adult support, so have a go with what you can do, when you can and try not to worry! Remember this is a stressful time for everyone so be patient and kind; look after one another!
Enjoy each others company, bake, sew, paint, create role plays, junk model, play board games, card games, help with the cleaning, do jigsaws and watch films together!
This week's recommended learning (30th March - 3rd April)
Feel free to ask any questions and share the wonderful things you are doing at home.
Message from your teachers:
Year 3 Easter Activities
Here are a few ideas of the activities you can do over Easter:
Learn the Easter story. The UK’s official religion is Christianity and Easter is a huge celebration in the Christian calendar. Watch the Easter story here https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/primary_uk/subject/module/video_index/item1028383/grade2/index.html (Username: student31672 Password: astwood) then create your own book using the print out in the ‘Easter Activities Week 3 and 4’ folder.
Maths fun - White Rose have fun Easter maths activities for you to try everyday - Click here
Garden Map- Draw a garden from a birds eye view like a map. Include lots of things such as trees, bushes, sand pit, shed, pond and other things that might be good hiding places. Hide 5-10 eggs in your garden. Don't draw them on your map, write them down on another piece of paper. Write a set of clues to help someone find the eggs.
‘Easter Activities Week 3 and 4’ folder. There is a handy spotter’s guide in the folder too.
Eggs- Something to do with the family! Ask an adult to hard boil some eggs for about 10 minutes, you will need one each. Once the eggs have cooled you each need to decorate your egg with a face, you could use paints or felt tips. Don't forget the hair! Make sure you've named your egg. Now for the fun part! Find a safe place outside or inside, it is best to be on a slope. It could be over grass, pavement of a cardboard slide. Mark out the start and finsih lines. First one to reach the finsih line and still be intact or with the most shell on wins! Enjoy!
Create an obstacle course in your garden or house. You could place tasks around the course such as ‘Do 5 star jumps’.
Easter craft – Look in the ‘Easter Activities Week 3 and 4’ folder below and download lots of Easter craft ideas. There is even an Easter maths activity book!
French- Madame Stevens has attached some Easter French activities for you to try at home. See the documents below.
Year 3 Home Learning
- Easter Activities Week 3 and 4
- Week 2
- Week 1
- WELCOME TO YEAR 3 2019
- Lesson 1 Fractions Worksheet Unit and non-unit fractions
- Lesson 1 Fractions PowerPoint Unit and non-unit fractions
- Lesson 2 Fractions PowerPoint Making the whole
- Lesson 2 Fractions Worksheet Making the whole
- Lesson 3 Fractions Worksheet Tenths
- Lesson 3 Fractions PowerPoint Tenths
- Lesson 4 Fractions Worksheet Count in tenths
- Lesson 4 Fractions PowerPoint Count in tenths
- Lesson 5 Fractions Worksheet Tenths as decimals
- Lesson 5 Fractions PowerPoint Tenths as decimals
- Lesson 6 Fractions Worksheet Fractions on a number line
- Lesson 6 Fractions PowerPoint Fractions on a number line
- Lesson 7 Fractions Worksheet Fractions of a set of objects (1)
- Lesson 7 Fractions PowerPoint Fractions of a set of objects
- Lesson 8 Fractions PowerPoint Fractions of a set of objects (2)
- Lesson 8 Fractions Worksheet Fractions of a set of objects (2)
- Lesson 9 Fractions Worksheet Fractions of a set of objects (3)
- Lesson 9 Fractions PowerPoint Fractions of a set of objects (3)
- Dr. Seuss' Alphabet Fitness Bingo
- Physical Home Activities
Welcome to our Year 3 page!
We are looking forward to another successful year!
In Year 3 there are 2 classes.
3S: Mrs Smith with Mrs Taylor
3W: Miss Whitehead with Mrs Russell and Mrs Hale