Welcome to Year 3
Year 3 are collecting GREEN items for our Christmas Hamper. This is the only way that the PTA are able to raise much needed funds this year so we are hoping it will be a huge success. These can come into school as soon as you like.... Look out for tickets!
First of all we would like to say a big hello! In 3W we have Miss Whitehead and Mrs Russell and in 3L we have Miss Lewis and Mrs Vickridge. We are all super excited to be back in School with our new classes, the children had a great few days settling back into normality and School Life.
A few reminders:
- Year 3 will start the day at 8.50am and end the day at 3.00pm. Both classes will enter and leave school through the doors on the playground which are at the top of the ramp.
- We will be doing PE on Mondays and Thursdays so please wear your PE kit these days.
- We ask that children only bring to school a named water bottle, their break time snack and their packed lunch. You can also request a packed lunch from AIP. Children will keep their pencil cases at school.
- Children have now been handed reading books and we would like these to be brought into school each day and returned on Fridays.
Here we have attached some useful websites for Year 3.
- Timestables practise via TT Rockstars:https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/23115
- MyMaths activities & games via:https://login.mymaths.co.uk/
- Rapid Reading:www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Feel free to create your own login atwww.oxfordowl.co.ukHere the children will find familiar Oxford Reading Tree resources and lots more.
Creating adverbs- When the root word ends in 'le'.
gently, simply, terribly, probably, nobly, horribly.
In the documents below you will find a copy of this week’s spellings, a word search and some handwriting practice.
Reminder: The handwriting and word search activities are for your child to practice at home and does not need to be stuck into their homework books.
Homework: Due 2nd December - Purple Mash (Online)- This week in our computing lesson we have been practicing signing in on a laptop and independently logging onto Purple Mash. Whilst this was a slow process, we would like your child to practice this at home and become more confident. Once signed in, complete the Purple Mash homework set for them in their ‘To Do List’ folder. The homework focuses on typing letters left and right.
TT Rockstars is now up and running. Remember to practice in the ‘garage’ but try to improve your Rockstar Status in the ‘Studio’ game. The system is designed to be intuitive and will respond to your child’s speed and accuracy to give a personalised experience.
My Maths homework- The children’s login details should be the same as last year. Letters were sent out with these details. Ask your teacher if you do not know your login.
Purple Mash- This is a new resource which enables children to explore and enhance their knowledge in a fun and creative way. We would like your child to sign in and design their own ‘avatar’. Feel free to explore the exciting activities, creative tools and games that are there to support and inspire your child's learning.
Year 3 Spelling Homework
Year 3 Home Learning