Welcome to Year 2
Please could the children bring in small yoghurt pots for a Christmas activity we have arranged in a couple of weeks. We only need the very small ones please- (Petit Filous size).
Homework WB 30.11.2020 is a purple mash activity. All login details are in the back of the children's yellow spelling books. As you will be aware all Year 2 children are required to undertake a phonics screening check towards the end of term. Please note in order to prepare the children for this, we have sent home phonics screening sheets for you to practice at home. We also enclose word mats and number squares to assist the children with any future homework.
HOME LEARNING - Week beginning 30.11.2020
We are aware that we have a number of children now having to self issolate. To ensure that your child's learning remains uneffected we have put together a home learning timetable for year 2 and all accompanying sheets and documents can be found at the bottom of the webpage. Please note there is no requirement at all for children to carry out any learning at home if they are unwell. The lessons mirror the timetable we shall be following in school but we understand all children will find themselves with varied amounts of adult support, so feel free to adapt activities where necessary. YOUR CHILD WILL NOT FALL BEHIND IF THEY DO NOT COMPLETE ALL ACTIVITES. We wish those families at home a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing them back in school when they are able to return. Please do not hesitate to ring into school if you need any advice or help with anything. Please ensure regular reading continues where possible, so much can be gained by sharing a book with an adult, be it a school reading book or a book from home!
Sugary Sweets and Chocolate Treats
Undoubtedly one of the most popular topics of the year! We will begin by studying Hansel and Gretel and spend time describing and advertising the ' House made of Sweets' , in topic we will begin by learning about the history of Chocolate and the Cadbury family in Bourneville.
This week all children have spellings to learn in their spelling books for Monday's quiz and a phonics sheet in book bags. Please note this sheet does not need to come back into school but we will go through the answers as a class in school next week.
A few reminders:
- Year 2 will start the day at 9:00am and end the day at 2:50pm. 2H will enter school via the main blue doors and leave via the side door to their classroom. 2G will enter and leave via the main blue doors.
- Children with older siblings that start school at 8:40am can also be dropped off at this time so that parents can leave the premises quickly to maintain social distancing. All other children should not arrive before 9am.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays will be our P.E. days - on these days the children will need to come to school in their P.E. kit and will remain in their kit for the duration of the day. They do not need to bring their uniform to change into. On days when the weather is cold or rainy children are welcome to wear navy blue jogging bottoms and hooded top.
- We ask that children only bring to school a named water bottle, their break time snack and their packed lunch in a lunch box. If your child usually has school dinners, hot dinners will not be served during the first half term, however you can still contact AIP and request lunches for the week.
- Book bags are only needed in school on Monday's. Books will be changed once a week and each child will be issued two reading books per week.
- Homework and spellings will be set each Monday starting from 28th September. Each child will receive a spelling book to bring home in their book bags to learn their list of spellings each week. It is important to note that we do not want to cause any distress or worry to the children, therefore the learning of spellings should be kept fun and enjoyable. To limit any worries, we will ensure that there is dedicated lesson time for helping the children to learn their spellings in preparation for the fun spelling quiz each Monday.
- Where we have sent home paper resources for either homework or spelling, we ask that these remain at home and that the purpose of these is for the children to share their knowledge and achievements with you. Soon we will have an online learning platform up and running so that homework can be set online for the children to complete. This also provides the opportunity for us to assess and offer feedback to the children, which is something that would not be possible with paper homework under current circumstances.
Our 2020-2021 team:
Mrs Glover (2G) - Mrs Stokes (am/pm)
Miss. Harvey (2H) - Mrs Newman (am/pm)
2H - Mrs Warrilow
2G - Mrs Bonehill
Timestables practise via TT Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/23115
MyMaths activities & games via: https://login.mymaths.co.uk/
Rapid Reading: www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Feel free to create your own login at www.oxfordowl.co.uk Here the children will find familiar Oxford Reading Tree resources and lots more.
Some useful documents:
Home Learning Documents: